keskiviikko 1. lokakuuta 2014

a happy book release


It had been raining the whole day, I was pretty cold and hungry, I had been outside almost the whole day. The wind broke my umbrella and my backpack was heavy. I was tired. And I was going to an address I only vaguely knew where it might could be. 

But I found the address by looking at a picture of a map, by travelling two tram stops and by walking as far as the tram had taken me. Well, Villa Kivi should not be hard to find, but I've learned to prepare for the worst when it comes to navigating, especially navigating to places that are "easily found". 

To my surprise I was the first guest to arrive. The event was the release of three books.

Maria Turtschaninoff: Maresi
Henrika Andersson: En skärva av själen
Lena Frölander-Ulf: En sann historia.

Lena, Henrika & Maria
                                       
When stepping inside the beautiful tree house, I left the world of a sad and rainy Helsinki Monday and entered the world of happy authors with new releases. It was wonderful. Not only was it fantastic to celebrate the new books, but to also meet friends and to talk no new people. And there was good food. 

What I find the most interesting in such occasions, is that you get to hear background stories, feelings and opinions. It is always interesting to hear why the author chose to read that part aloud for the guests. 


I would like to tell you in with my own words what these books are about, but I have to admit that I haven't read them yet. And I don't feel like repeating the back of the book. I'm sure you can look that up yourselves. But I can asure you that we are talking about secrets, fantasy and adventures.

I left the party happy and relieved. I actually was relieved, and actually because Maria, Henrika and Lena were so relieved. I can only imagine how it feels like to finally get your book written and released, to just give it, leave it to the world and start with something totally new. To just turn the page. Fantastic. And yet I haven't achieved it myself, but i will. 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti