The last day of the trip came faster then expected, as usually.
Yes, please don't remind me of my laziness and just be proud that I actually finish this whole travel story.
And yes it's midnight, which means that the risk of that I do language related mistakes is a lot higher. A lot.
We left in the morning from the hotel. My host mother asked me if I wanted some food with me, and this time is said yes please, a sandwich would be nice. And this time I actually got only that sandwich, not like last year, I said (I was in a different family) some fruit would be nice please, and I got a whole plastic bag of sweets, fruits, bakery stuff, juice and so on. Just some fruits, yes. And this time I also asked for some water. I got 2 liters.
Unfortunately quite many of the group felt sick and food poisoning was suspected (surprise). Later though it was discovered to be normal illness (still not surprised). I really felt sorry for those who suffered from this, because we were about to spent the next 10-12 hours on the road.
The first stop was at a super market, where we bought sweets, food, tea and other things like that. Me and one of my friends, who also stayed at a host family, hadn't had the chance to visit a market before this, so we really took advantage of this. This also meant that I had kinda all my money left that I had brought with me. So we bought chocolate to all our friends and tea. And children's books.And notebooks. And my friend bought a beautiful clock. And we still had a lot of money left. Why does this never happen in Finland?
An oh, they sold simple framed photography's of Putin in the market.
The second big stop was in Repino, where we visited the museum of Repino's home, or more like his home that had been made into a museum. It was quite fun, but most of the people were already pretty done with being guided around in museum, and I was one of them. But I still can't call it a waste of time.
During this stop I had one of my longest discussions in Spanish I've ever had and I was so excited no notice that I actually am pretty good, though I would need to learn a lot more words. At this point of the trip though I had so much difficulties in sticking to only one language and overall in tearing them apart, that my Spanish suffered a lot and my brain went though a lot of errors.
Normally the condition of the public toilets is pretty bad compared to e.g. those in Finland. But still the best and most fancy public toilets (here public toilets are every toilet except for those in peoples homes) I've ever seen (and I've seen many, e.g. I have road tripped for three weeks last summer in the US) was i Russia. it was a building, a small house, with women's to the left and men's to the right and with a cashier in the middle. No, I'm not kidding, there was a cashier with a lady who you paid your precious visit too. Did I say one? I meant two ladies. And the toilets were clean, everything worked, there was toilet paper, soap and hand dryers and it was overall clean. We were all amazed.
Imagine that you would work at a public toilets cashier all day. Actually it's a great way to employ people. And yes, they looked pretty done everything too.
The third big stop was in Vyborg. We had lunch at the restaurant in the tower next to the market. The market is a really interesting place. People have learnt Finnish enough to get the tourists attention and to more easily sell their products. I just find it annoying. And even when I talked Swedish and English with my friends, they tried to get our attention by speaking Finnish.
This is one of the places where you both find people done with everything and where you very well see that you're not within the borders of the European Union and the Finnish hygiene laws and rules. The fresh meat is on normal tables and so is the fish and such things, that really would need to be refrigerated. Do yourself a favor and just don't buy, even if it would be cheap and look nice.
On the road we had a lot of fun, we talked, laughed, slept and ate. My friend basically laughed the whole trip, even if nobody had cracked a joke or anything like that. And that made us laugh. If you really live longer by laughing, then he's going to live forever.
During the trip we had some weird assignment with some ipads, we were supposed to document the trip with the ipads (one day per group). I din't like it at all, it was so inconvenient to swing around with an ipad. And it is ridiculous how everyone (like the people at school) is forcing such devices into the system and thinking that it's so cool and modern when it's actually unnecessary and inconvenient. Well, me and my group (the third one was unfortunately one of the sick ones so we were only two) finished our photo presentation in the bus and our photo descriptions were less serious than our laughing friend. But at least we had a lot of fun writing them and we created some inside jokes.
I've probably forgotten to tell something, but the trip was overall absolutely amazing and I had a lot of fun, thank you my friends, the old and the new ones, thank you my dear host family (I truly recommend staying at host family's if you only have the chance) and thank you my readers for your patience. Maybe I'll one day learn to be a more consequent blogger.
haha and I'll be back soon (a week is soon for me), because I'm leaving to Norway next week, with a small group from school, we are participating in a project called Nord IT.
I'll try to blog live from there.
I'll try.
Now good night.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti