After a very nice and interesting but short trip to Norway we left in the morning from Vennesla, and our flight adventures began at Kristiansand airport.
Can you people imagine, that we had to fly Kristiansand --> Copenhagen --> Stockholm --> Åbo
I have no idea why we had to fly via Denmark
(ok yes I do, the budget)
But still, we basically flew through all the Nordic countries except Iceland (well that would have been weird).
This time we traveled all the way alone, we Finns, and at the airport in Kristiansand we realized that we hadn't said goodbye to almost anyone of the others, that we hadn't had a clear ending for this project, where we would have said goodbye to everyone. Everything just happened and we had gone with the confusing flow. And it made us sad, but there was really nothing to do about it. It's really strange that we didn't have any closing event. I have to admit that the whole schedule had been unclear and messy, but what can you do.
(note that Nord IT is an annual project)
We had just a little time between the flights and a problem related to that. My friend had hit her toe really badly the day before and it was all blue and the foot was swollen. She could barely walk.
No, I'm not kidding.
So our solution in Copenhagen was to take one of the wheelchairs that just stood the corridors and pushed her though the airport.
No, I'm not kidding.
It was very convenient, fast and time saving. We wouldn't have made it in time to the next flight without the wheelchair.
Plus points to Copenhagen airport for having wheelchairs for public use!
My friend said that when she sat in the wheelchair, people avoided to look at her, they turned their heads away, like they didn't want to be rude starring at her or something like that. I also noticed (I was the one pushing the wheelchair) that some people looked at us or her with pity in their eyes.
I don't think that many would have guessed that she only had hit her toe.
What do you think has happened when you see someone in a wheelchair?
When we arrived in Stockholm, we noticed that there really weren't any wheelchairs lying around here, there and everywhere, so we asked for one. The lady said that we should have asked for one (some amount of time) on beforehand.
Like anyone could plan an injury on beforehand.
But we got one after some waiting, and a worker to push it.
Later we saw strollers for public use.
I don't know if it is just me, but I think that wheelchairs are more needed than strollers, because surprise injuries happen more often that surprise births. And families have their own strollers with them if they need one. I'm not saying that it's a bad idea, I mean, it's great to be able to borrow one for free if your stroller broke at some point during your trip or something like that. But if you have strollers, why not have wheelchairs?
Well, we didn't miss a single flight thanks to the material help at the airports.
Remember the Swedes and their luggage? I think that eventually everyone got their stuff back, which is really awesome.
Guess what had happened during our trip home.
My friend with the blue toe never got her luggage at Turku airport.
Copenhagen airport strikes again.
And while there had been a worker in Kristiansand helping the Swedes to get their luggage back, there was only a red mailbox and a form to fill in in Turku, even if these two airports are equally small.
But she got her luggage back too, eventually.
So there was a happy ending after all.
I'm developing this hate-love relationship with Copenhagen airport. It has Starbucks, wheelchairs for public use and so on, but your luggage disappear so easily.
I learned and experienced a lot of new things. I want to thank you all for an awesome trip! It was kjempe gøj! (= lot of fun)
(I don't know how to spell that correctly, I just guessed)
Have a good day
Can you people imagine, that we had to fly Kristiansand --> Copenhagen --> Stockholm --> Åbo
I have no idea why we had to fly via Denmark
(ok yes I do, the budget)
But still, we basically flew through all the Nordic countries except Iceland (well that would have been weird).
This time we traveled all the way alone, we Finns, and at the airport in Kristiansand we realized that we hadn't said goodbye to almost anyone of the others, that we hadn't had a clear ending for this project, where we would have said goodbye to everyone. Everything just happened and we had gone with the confusing flow. And it made us sad, but there was really nothing to do about it. It's really strange that we didn't have any closing event. I have to admit that the whole schedule had been unclear and messy, but what can you do.
(note that Nord IT is an annual project)
We had just a little time between the flights and a problem related to that. My friend had hit her toe really badly the day before and it was all blue and the foot was swollen. She could barely walk.
No, I'm not kidding.
So our solution in Copenhagen was to take one of the wheelchairs that just stood the corridors and pushed her though the airport.
No, I'm not kidding.
It was very convenient, fast and time saving. We wouldn't have made it in time to the next flight without the wheelchair.
Plus points to Copenhagen airport for having wheelchairs for public use!
My friend said that when she sat in the wheelchair, people avoided to look at her, they turned their heads away, like they didn't want to be rude starring at her or something like that. I also noticed (I was the one pushing the wheelchair) that some people looked at us or her with pity in their eyes.
I don't think that many would have guessed that she only had hit her toe.
What do you think has happened when you see someone in a wheelchair?
When we arrived in Stockholm, we noticed that there really weren't any wheelchairs lying around here, there and everywhere, so we asked for one. The lady said that we should have asked for one (some amount of time) on beforehand.
Like anyone could plan an injury on beforehand.
But we got one after some waiting, and a worker to push it.
Later we saw strollers for public use.
I don't know if it is just me, but I think that wheelchairs are more needed than strollers, because surprise injuries happen more often that surprise births. And families have their own strollers with them if they need one. I'm not saying that it's a bad idea, I mean, it's great to be able to borrow one for free if your stroller broke at some point during your trip or something like that. But if you have strollers, why not have wheelchairs?
Well, we didn't miss a single flight thanks to the material help at the airports.
Remember the Swedes and their luggage? I think that eventually everyone got their stuff back, which is really awesome.
Guess what had happened during our trip home.
My friend with the blue toe never got her luggage at Turku airport.
Copenhagen airport strikes again.
And while there had been a worker in Kristiansand helping the Swedes to get their luggage back, there was only a red mailbox and a form to fill in in Turku, even if these two airports are equally small.
But she got her luggage back too, eventually.
So there was a happy ending after all.
I'm developing this hate-love relationship with Copenhagen airport. It has Starbucks, wheelchairs for public use and so on, but your luggage disappear so easily.
I learned and experienced a lot of new things. I want to thank you all for an awesome trip! It was kjempe gøj! (= lot of fun)
(I don't know how to spell that correctly, I just guessed)
Have a good day
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti