When I entered one of our school buildings this morning the first fellow student I met was my relevant from the first year people. I stopped him and took my lipstick from my pocket and only wrote ABI on his forehead, as someone else already had painted hearts on his cheeks.
Abi, abiturient, senior
To celebrate the start of the last 100 days of school the seniors of our school have the tradition to write and paint with mostly lipsticks and such things on the faces if the rest of the students (which is rather common in Finland overall I suppose). Common things to be written are "ABI", hearts, uni brows, the year of graduation (for us 2015) and so on. Some get one heart and one "ABI" and some are red all over the face/body, the closer friend, the worse. Mostly. And on this day we, the seniors, wear as ugly clothes as possible to look as funny as possible (which is not rather common I suppose).
![]() |
| me and my friends (taken with polaroid camera) |
Today we exceptionally celebrated the start of the last 101 days, because tomorrow the school photography takes place. I think you understand.
(Excuse me but how is it possible to time these two event this badly?)
(And yes, that's correct, our last day of school is in mid February)
We also celebrated this countdown by eating pizza in the nice sun on the schoolyard. The order was so big (one pizza each), that we called the company one day on beforehand. The other students ate the normal school lunch in the noisy cafeteria, I heard some kind of soup was served.
You can only imagine how entertained the elementary school kids were and how weird and worried looks the 7-9 grade teens gave. And we just laughed.
Note that we didn't paint on any of the 1-9 grade people or the teachers. Only high school students.
(I heard the real 100 days countdown starts next Wednesday, but as Friday is a much nicer day, the "official" date was changed to 5.9)
Despite all the celebrations we had an ordinary day at school with a small math test and other nice things. I think this day succeeded, every single senior had dressed up, every single other student had a nicely painted face and I succeeded to paint on my sister's, my cousin's and an other relative's face.
Seriously, some seniors had so funny clothing that I laughed and one girl wore roller skates the whole day. We're talking about wearing outfits of too small sun glasses, 80's shirts, sport socks in sandals, glittering shorts, huge fur hats and anything that can be found in an attic, with a tasteless mix of striped stockings or socks or both. All crazy, all worn with pride.
We are fabulous.

Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti