maanantai 22. joulukuuta 2014

Berlin

The thing I loved the most with our visit to Berlin the last couple of days has been the distance to the huge tourist attractions.

I've heard a lot of stories about cheap food and lovely falafel. I approve both. You get a delicious falafel for 2,5€ in Berlin and in Turku you get one bus ticket for 3€. Think about that. 

I loved the local alternative bars in south east Berlin, the riverside and how easy it was to use the local transport and of course the impressive graffiti when found. We stayed at my friends apartment and without him we would have been so lost, whoa. 

To calm the professional Tourists down, yes, we saw Brandenburger Tor, twice. From a bus. 

Actually, if you want to see the center of Berlin in less than an hour and it's raining/hailing, I recommend to take the S-bahn 41/42 from eg. East to West and the bus nr 100 across the center back to where you came from.


At the Alexanderplatz market 

We visited a couple of Christmas markets, the first one after our s-bahn+bus tour and another further away. The later one had a Nordic theme and there were Finns selling honey and muikkuja, and other things like that. But really there were manily Germans.
The absolute highlight was when we went a ride with the Merry-go-round. It was one of those with seats hanging from chains! Hih
We also ate some Austrian pancake-thingy's with apple sauce. (Please don't ask me the name)

Another very impressive thing was a concert that we spontaniously went to see. The orchestra played some classical music for a couple of hours and it was fantastic.
Classical music is way too underestimated.
(And I'm a person who listens to rock, alternative, hip-hop, rap, pop etcetc)

The only main tourist attraction that I got a closer look on was Checkpoint Charlie. It's funny because I've been starring at a postcard of it in our history class the last four months.  But nothing I've ever seen in my life has made history as real as Checkpoint Charlie did. 

It was almost midnight when we came up on the roof of a parking lot of a mall. You could see the lights pf Berlin so well, it was so beautiful. Nowadays there's also a bar but they were about to close in an hour so we didn't bother to go, and to pay for entrence.

I was also impressed by that I didn't get lost a single time, even if it was so damn hard to remeber street and station names (they all sounded like shshshsh to me). I'm so lucky that the human kind has invented pens and paper.




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti