Back in Catalonia, my dear Barcelona. We woke up to sunrise and thought about Sevilla, then "whatever" and just went to another hostel in Barcelona because it would be cheaper during the next two nights.
The first thing we did after changing hostel and having a cup of coffee was trying to get tickets for the rest of our stay in Spain.
I pressed the button for the inter city journeys that departure after today and got a ticket with the beautiful sentence "no service" written on it. And yes indeed, on this sunny Saturday you could buy any tickets except the ones I needed. After some expolring I had also learned that you can't reserve seats on the ticket machines and that I have to wait until Monday. That's the day we were supposed to be in Madrid. I tried to book seats via telephone and succeded. There I sat half an hour at least and booked seats for 4-5 trains in Spanish only failing to spell my email adress correctly (I forgot a letter) so I never got them sent there. I would have to get early enough to the train station on Monday and get the tickets printed from a machine. My little inner Finn is suffering from severe nerve- related problems
It was a good idea to stay in Barcelona for three nights. We had time to walk around, wash clothes and get lost in Barri Gotic. My friend wanted to find a Primark, but on Saturday it was so full of people that it wasn't worth it and on Sunday it was closed, even if their webpage said it would be open 12-22, even on Sundays. Well.
We basically spent the reat of the Saturday walking along the beach, having an ice cream at sunset and walking around in Barri Gotic. We even found a vegan café-restaurant there! The funny thing with this partnof Barcelona is that it's hard to navigate. You have to find things accidentally or search for them for an hour. We walked through the same squares, past the same shops and crossed the same lanes all over again but it felt like we were always walking forewards. And still we found new places all the time. The joke of the weekend was "Hey let's go back to that place in Barti Gotic that we found yesterday/two hours ago!". Good luck. Barri Gotic relly is wonderful, don't get me wrong, it's beautiful, you can get lost without really getting lost and you can find anything there, also a lot of tourists.
One of the most heart warming things was the weather. It really was. The sun was shining and it was +10/13, it was warm. I had so much fun watching the locals reactions seeing me in a t-shirt, long sleeced shirt and a summer jacket while they walked around in heavy winter jackets and what not.
Everything became even better when we get to experience cheap food again, palmtrees and happy peo - no, actually, many were sad an grumpy. I don't now if it's the stereotypes not matching reality, the political situation or me trying to communicate in Spanish in Catalunya. Some imedialtely switched to English. I don't know if they didn't trust my skills in Spanish or if they just didn't like the language. Hard to say.
The only annoying thing with the city itself was the metro maps. There barely were any in the stations or in the passages. The only thing was the maps of the lines, like a list of the stations, but it was so hard to find a map of the whole city with the metro lines. Maybe we are just spoiled by Paris but it usually helps a lot to navigate if you can see the street names and the metro routes on the same map.
The Sunday was spent in Barri Gotic mainly. And as far as I know I have all my belongings left.


Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti